Metro United Way
Mary Gwynne Dougherty
Metro United Way Vision and Mission
The mission of Metro United Way is to improve lives and our community by engaging people to give, advocate and volunteer. Our vision is a community whose people achieve their fullest potential through education, financial stability and healthy lives.
The Marketing Manager supports the mission of Metro United Way by assisting with the creation and implementation of marketing and communication strategies, plans and tools, to increase brand awareness of Metro United Way and its impact in the community in order to build loyalty, increase engagement and drive revenue. Along with the VP of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Manager helps partner with Community Impact staff to identify opportunities for education and awareness-building of the MUW programs and services, and their results, that help meet the short and long-term needs of our community.
1. Assists the Marketing and Communications team in developing and implementing tactical communication and marketing programs and materials that meet strategic objectives, on time and within budget.
2. Works closely with internal clients such as Donor Relations and Community Impact staff to assess their marketing opportunities and needs in order to effectively build awareness of Metro United Way driven results across a wide variety of marketing vehicles.
3. Works closely with staff across the organization to ensure consistent messaging and marketing of all Metro United Way activities, both internally and externally, that support brand and graphic standards.
4. Manages development of marketing support for annual donor campaign including printed materials, donor communication plans, direct mail and events.
5. Takes leadership role in assisting the Vice President of Marketing and Communications with the development and implementation of materials that support MUW strategic and tactical goals, including special events, advertising and other promotional and educational materials; interfacing with internal and/or external resources and managing projects to meet deadlines.
6. Assists in the development and implementation of targeted communication strategies that support the Metro United Way business plan and commitment to CRM efforts.
7. Manages the day to day marketing functional workflow, assisting department staff to manage design, content, accuracy, quality, and timeliness of materials and communications.
8. Assists Vice President of marketing and Communications to continuously improve processes to make most effective and efficient use of resources.
9. Supports Vice President of Marketing and Communications in working toward the goals and objectives of the Department and those of Metro United Way; undertakes other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree required in Marketing, Communications, or related Field. College degree plus five years relevant experience in NOT NEEDED non-profit marketing and communications with demonstrated strategic and conceptual thinking.
• Solid understanding of the full portfolio of media and communications opportunities, including advertising/broad-based communications, CRM, public relations, new and social media, e-communications, direct mail, etc.
• Supervisory Skills: At least three years experience working with and supervising people with diverse visions; capable of bringing groups of people together to accomplish specific tasks and goals (?).
• Communication Skills: Excellent writing skills. Must be able to speak and write clearly, concisely and persuasively for a broad audience as well as tailor communications that effectively connect with diverse audiences.
• Well-organized, detail oriented, ability to prioritize, and able to work well with people across various departments and levels of the organization and contribute as a team member.
• Must be able to take initiative, create and execute strategies, demonstrate leadership, work independently and produce consistently high quality work.
• Ability to balance a variety of perspectives within a politically sensitive environment with proven ability to rapidly establish and maintain credibility in relationships such as with board members, community members, volunteers, and internal audiences.
• Ability to analyze and exercise sound judgment.
• Computer/Office Skills: Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of human service system helpful.
• Must be bondable
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and other unusual hours when necessary.
1. Represents Metro United Way positively, professionally, courteously and effectively.
2. Assists or takes on new tasks to help Metro United Way achieve its mission.
3. Integrates Metro United Way’s business strategies by building positive internal and external relationships.
4. Maintains confidentiality regarding personnel and organizational information.
5. Adheres to and models the Metro United Way Code of Ethics at all times.
Note: The description given is intended only to provide information about the general nature of the job and is not an all-inclusive list of the job duties, skills or abilities which may change
Please apply via louisvilleworks.com or on metrounitedway.org. Thank you.