The Louies are the creative competition for the advertising industry and provide you with the opportunity to showcase your best work. Winning a Louie is the first step in the three-tiered American Advertising Awards creative competition, sponsored by the American Advertising Federation, with the competition culminating at the AAF national conference in June.
2013-2014 LOUIE ENTRY INFORMATION
The entry information and rules only change slightly each year, so reviewing this now will help you when you’re ready to enter. The deadline to enter and drop off your work is December 12. Please note: There were significant issues with the AAF entry software last year, so the AAF partnered with a new developer for this year's competition. The software is more user-friendly and still allows for uploads of digital images and files, but please take a look now and familiarize yourself with what's new!
Some items of note:
· you must upload broadcast entries, such as radio and TV spots
· no more digital images CDs, the software will prompt you to upload an image online
· AAF-Louisville does not accept online payment for Louie entries so you must still bring payment with you (either check or credit card) when you drop off your work
What hasn't changed....you still need to enter the information online and then physically bring paperwork, payment, and printed samples (if applicable) to the Log-in location or the AAF-Louisville office by the deadline date.
Thursday, December 12, 2013
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Interactive Media Lab
124 N. 1st St
Remember: You must bring the following items with you on the day of Log-Ins.
- Two copies of the entry, submitted with the envelope submission requirements, with the two entry forms.
- The Manifest Packet
- Payment for all entries will be accepted at Log-ins. You cannot pre-pay online.
Since there is often a substantial savings in entry fees for AAF members, you should consider joining your local organization. Some of the benefits of membership include: personal and professional development through regular meetings and workshops; networking opportunities; a voice in legislative issues; and member discounts on business related services.
Click here to become a member of the American Advertising Federation - Louisville and save on your entry fees or call the office at 502-895-2500.